Posted by aionol | 11 DEC 2017

Why you need to think about GDPD Compliance NOW

As of May 2018, every organisation using cloud computing services has to comply to the new GDPR legislation passed by the European Union. Otherwise, they’ll face fines as high as 4% of annual revenues. You might think this deadline is a little while away and you’ll cross that bridge when you get there. But, there […]

As of May 2018, every organisation using cloud computing services has to comply to the new GDPR legislation passed by the European Union. Otherwise, they’ll face fines as high as 4% of annual revenues.

You might think this deadline is a little while away and you’ll cross that bridge when you get there. But, there is good reason to start acting now.

Almost no company is complying with the regulation, yet

The data on the issue is staggering – and worrying. It has been estimated that only 1% of cloud providers are currently complying with the GDPR regulation. The problem is hiding in their security best practice – or lack thereof.

Only 1.% of cloud providers actually hand over encryption keys that their clients can then manage themselves. And only 2.9% of cloud providers practice secure password enforcement that passes the GDPR guidelines. But that’s not the only issues.

Why you need to think about GDPD Compliance NOW

Why you need to think about GDPD Compliance NOW

Users of cloud provider services don’t know which apps they are using

European businesses that decided to contract out their cloud computing services, use 600 apps on average. Of these 600 apps, they know a merger 10%. The other 90% they are unaware of.

If you don’t know which app you are using, and how many, then how can you comply with the new GDRP regulation?

And the law doesn’t make exceptions for ignorance. Businesses will get fined for non-compliance, even if left in the dark about the full extend of their app usage. Ignorance is not excuse.

You need to act now.

Iono Inc can help you get your business in line with the GDPR regulations and avoid hefty fines.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *